Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 2, 2014

24 hours fasting.


 For 3 weeks in a row on Friday I have fasted. I wake up 4:30 am before work to make a large breakfast. Last Friday I made a 4 egg omelet with 3 slices cheddar cheese. I ate that with large portion of steamed broccoli and butter. Topped that off with a green plantain waffle with butter. The waffle is a paleomom.com green plantain pancake recipe. I want this meal to be high fat and calorie dense. Eating the large meal was no problem. On commute to work I drank a heavy bulletproof coffee. I finished drinking coffee at 7 am. So I planned to go from 7am Friday to 7 am Saturday no food. All day Friday at work I felt great. I feel I might lose 5% to 10% energy and mental clarity during the day. At 10:30 am I drank a black coffee and at 3 pm green tea. I feel the caffeine in these drinks help with fast. Most of the day my stomach actually felt full. No growls or hunger pains. Saturday morning I did Bicycle sprints for 30 minutes. Still in fasted state and energy was good. A little black coffe till 7 am. At 7 am made a lite bulletproof coffee. At this point I was still not really hungry. I started to wonder how many more hours I could go comfortably without eating? I really like the weekly 24 fast. My body definitely leans out during fast. Following the fast I usually to try to overeat. They say under eating followed by overeating stimulates human growth hormone. Also exercising in a fasted state is also beneficial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment